Shampooing seems to be the most common process. Many women carry out this action almost automatically. But everything is far from simple. Sometimes simple mistakes in washing curls can cause considerable problems with the hair, up to their loss. Often excessively oily or dry hair , split ends and hair loss can be associated with non-compliance with the rules for hair care and with improper washing.
How to wash your hair? Recommendations
- It is important to remember that the amount of shampoo used should be proportional to the length of the hair. The product can not be poured directly on the hair. So you can use up the shampoo too quickly, and besides, a too concentrated composition will get to a certain area of the head. Therefore, it is better to start foaming shampoo in the palms of your hands.
- Before each shampooing, the hair should be thoroughly combed. In this way, it will be possible to rinse all the strands well. Hair is washed from ear to ear – in conditional zones, and in the end you can start in the occipital zone. The movements should be confident, but light and massaging. Such movements need only be done with the fingertips – pads, but not with your nails, so as not to injure the scalp. A light massage is very beneficial for hair roots.
- How much shampoo to apply? It depends on how often you wash your hair. If a girl washes her hair every day, it makes no sense to soap her head twice. But for those who wash their hair twice a week or less, it can be recommended to apply shampoo twice. The second time, the amount of the product used can be reduced.
- Many women make a serious mistake washing their hair with excessively hot water. This temperature activates the sebum. Because the hair gets dirty quickly. The best temperature for washing your hair should be 40 degrees. This temperature activates the blood circulation well, reduces the production of sebum and washes away the dirt.
- Any shampooing should be completed by rinsing the hair with cool water. Low temperature water activates blood circulation, and also makes the strands more shiny.
- Applying a hair mask after shampoo is also worth it. It all depends on the condition of your hair, the desired result and the full composition of the product itself. If the hair is very dry or damaged, then the mask should be used with every shampoo. If after 8-12 applications the effect of use was obvious, then the mask can be used much less often.
How often to wash your hair?
There are shampoos for daily use – it is written on them that they are delicate. In such products, a neutral and non-aggressive composition. These funds can be used often, especially for dry and weak hair . When clarifying the frequency of shampooing, it is important to consider the specific type of hair. Oily hair, for example, quickly accumulates fat, because a long break in washing can lead to slight inflammation. Thin hair will require more frequent washing and grooming, while washing with a coarse texture will wash 1-2 times a week. For the thinnest hair, you can try using a hair conditioner instead of shampoo to avoid leaching of natural oils from curls.
What is the best way to wash your hair?
When considering hair care , many are interested in how to wash hair with shampoo ? In this regard, it is important to adhere to a certain principle: you should choose only the drug that, according to the description, is suitable for your hair type, and then subsequently analyze and evaluate the results. Now the market offers a huge assortment of care products , so every girl can choose the most suitable drug. Good results using a suitable product include cleanly washed hair, the absence of fat and fat on it, a healthy shine after drying and noticeable obedience, a sufficient volume, and also the absence of irritation.
A high-quality shampoo should return to your hair lost proteins, moisture, as well as a supply of nutrients; such a tool to increase the elasticity of your strands; it also protects the cuticle and visibly smoothes the hair flakes. A good shampoo will not overweight strands and protect them from the effects of sunlight, will not allow hair to become electrified, adding softness and silkiness to them. To realize that this shampoo did not suit you – two applications are enough. But to make sure that you have found the right product, at least a month must pass. After a good product has been found, you should not change it to others that are actively promoting advertising.
How and how to dry hair after washing?
Clean hair – what to do after shampooing? Immediately after the washing procedure, drying your hair with a hairdryer is incredibly harmful. It is better to wrap the hair with a towel for 5-10 minutes, allowing it to absorb excess moisture from the hair. And then it’s ideal to let the strands dry themselves. Wet hair swells from water, and therefore faster fall out and break. That is why sharp movements with wet strands are definitely not worth doing
How and how to comb hair?
Never washed strands can in any case be combed – they are still too fragile. For a combing procedure, a comb with soft teeth is ideal, which will not scratch the scalp and will not damage the hair structure. The most suitable option is a wooden comb or a product made of natural bristles. A comb of birch will be very high quality – with regular use, it will not only heal the hair, but also relieve dandruff.
Once a day, combing your hair should be stretched to ten minutes. So the hair can be well cleaned from dust and dirt, and daily fat secretions will be evenly distributed throughout the hair, not only remaining on the roots.
Can I wash my hair with soap?
There is an opinion that washing hair with soap is much safer than shampooing. There are both positive and negative sides to this issue. In many ways, soap is safer than shampoo. The overwhelming amount of detergents is based on the SLS component – an aggressive and harmful substance that penetrates the body, accumulates there, and then causes very serious illnesses. And the composition of the soap most often contains fats and soda, so a quality soap is not able to provoke problems.
What are the benefits of using soap?
- safer composition;
- soap does not cover the hair with a film, unlike shampoo, and therefore the curls are less dirty, the scalp breathes and the locks do not look greasy;
- soap can reduce loss;
- tar soap can improve the overall condition of the hair;
- the soap will not be addictive;
- besides, soap is a more economical and less expensive option than shampoo.
The disadvantages of using soap as a shampoo:
- soap foams much worse, because it is more difficult to use;
- the soap is washed off worse from the surface of the hair, therefore it is more difficult to wash so that no strands remain on the strands;
- soap, like shampoo, washes away the protective barrier from the surface of the skin, which is not too good;
- after shampoo it’s hard to switch to soap once – it will take time for the hair to get used to such changes.
If the girl decided to use soap for washing her hair, then it is better to use baby or tar soap for these purposes. Household is better not to apply. When choosing this product, you should carefully read the composition – now sometimes even in children’s preparations add SLS.
Is it possible to wash curls before staining them
Many beauties wonder if hair should be washed before dyeing. There is no single answer to this question. Masters also have a double opinion on this topic. If a woman will change hair color for the first time and will do it in the salon, then it is better for her to wash her hair 2-3 days before visiting the hairdresser. The specialist will carry out all the preparatory procedures, if necessary. When staining curls at homeit is important for a girl to read the instructions. It is always important to strictly follow all the tips: if the manufacturer advises applying the product to clean strands, do so; if they recommend staining dirty curls – wait a few days until the hair is covered with a thin film of fat. The manufacturer, who is growing in value, will try to give advice with minimal damage to your hair. But still, many hairdressers agree that it is better to color dirty hair – due to the layer of fat, strands are less injured.
The best folk remedies for washing hair
- Shampoo with mustard . A large spoonful of mustard is diluted with two liters of warm water. This shampoo is ideal for oily curls – it will remove fat and give a healthy glow and softness.
- Gelatin shampoo . Mix yolk, a spoonful of shampoo and a spoonful of dry gelatin. All this is whipped so that there are no lumps, then it is applied to the hair and aged for about 10 minutes. Next, the hair is thoroughly washed. Such a product contains a lot of protein, because the curls become very thick and strong.
- Shampoo with yolk . Fresh yolk is rubbed into the hair and scalp, and after 5 minutes washed with water. Hair will become obedient and magnificent.
- Tansy shampoo . A large spoonful of tansy is poured with two glasses of boiling water and infused for 2 hours. The composition is filtered and washed their head. If the hair is very oily, then this composition of the strands needs to be washed for a month. Means perfectly fights dandruff.
To preserve the beauty and health of hair, it is not necessary to buy expensive drugs or do the impossible. It is enough to choose the right shampoo and take proper care of the curls. Take care of your hair and they will answer you with luxurious volume and shine!