Shakti mudra is a hand gesture that provide various mental and physical benefits. Shakti represents the Goddess Durga in Hindu Religion and mudra is a Sanskrit name for hand gesture. Shakti mudra calms down the mind and highly effective in insomnia.
Heal insomnia with Shakti Mudra – how to form the gesture?
1) Place your ring fingers and little fingers together.
2) Place your thumb in the palm and
3) Now bend other fingers (middle and index) loosely over your thumb.
4) This should be done with both hands.
5) Focus on your breathing in the pelvic area and slow down exhalation.
Read More on healing benefits of Mudras below
How long to practice shakti mudra?
Do as and when needed, or perform it three times a day for 12 minutes.
Benefits of Shakti mudra
The biggest benefit is to heal insomnia with Shakti mudra.
1) The Shakti Mudra intensifies the respiratory impulse in the lower chest area. It has a calming effect on the body and it will help you to fall asleep at night.
2) It relaxes the whole body and fighting mental stress.You should also read below posts to tackle stress.
Read below amazing posts that will help you to tackle stress. Stress has taken a giant shape and affecting millions of people around us. In such circumstances, it becomes extremely important to control it at initial stage itself. I hope you will like below posts.
3) It relieves tensions from the pelvic area. Hence it brings pleasant relaxation to the pelvic area. As a result, it can counteract spasms in the intestines, or even menstrual complaints.
Precaution to be taken while doing Shakti mudra?
If shakit mudra is held for too long or if it is done too often, it may also lead to lethargy (loss of energy or enthusiasm). A Must Read Post – Shiva linga Mudra – the energy charging mudra
Quick tips to beat insomnia:
Drink one glass of water before going to sleep. This will help in falling sleep quickly.
Mudras are hand gesture which influences the energy in the body. In East, Mudras have been in use for thousands of years. Mudras have balancing effect on five elements. Mudras can balance the elements within 45 minutes. So generally it is advisable to do mudra for 45 minutes in a day.You can read more about various mudras here- Hand Mudras – Healing power in your hands.. Also this post will help you to understand do and don’t for doing mudra– Guidelines for doing mudras effectively.
Mudras are a great way to deal with common problems. It can be complemented with traditional medicine. You can also read about other alternative healing practiced below.
Source : wellbeingmantras.com