Meaning and Specialty of Linga Mudra
Linga mudra is also known as upright mudra, since thumb is held in upright position. The thumb represents the fire element. Hence Linga mudra increases bodily heat since it reinforces the fire element. This mudra helps to boost the immune system and provide resistance power against cough, cold and chest infections.
How to form the Linga Mudra?
1) Place both palms together and clasp the fingers.
2) Keep one thumb upright.
3) Now encircle it with the thumb and index finger of your other hand.
This is very common posture people generally do. Only difference is that you have to keep one hand in upright position. I generally advise my son to do this when he gets cold, and cough. Generally cold and cough are results of chills caught by change in weather. This mudra increase the heat in the body hence providing the opposing effect to cold, cough and respiratory problems. And this is very easy to do, simply you have to clasp hand. Even children can do it easily. You can advise them to do it for five minutes daily when they are watching tv or during bedtime story. It will help boost their immunity. And we all know small children fall sick due to weak immunity. But only to be done for five minutes, not more than that.. ….
Must Read Posts to counter stress:
Linga Mudra boost the immune system.
How long to perform Linga Mudra?
This mudra can be practiced as and when needed. Or in specific – three times a day for 15 minutes.
Benefits of Linga Mudra
1) The thumb represents the element fire. This fire is reinforced by performing the linga mudra.
1) This finger position in Linga Mudra increases the resistance power against cold, cough, and chest infections. This mudra can also be practiced in shivering and chills due to intolerance of cold weather.
2) It also helps loosen mucus that has collected in the lungs.
3) Linga Mudra is highly beneficial for the people who suffer from respiratory complaints such as asthma and bronchitis specifically when the weather changes.
4) This mudra also increases the body temperature and is particularly suited for people who don’t develop a fever that is high enough. Why fever is important? Many bacteria’s within the body can only be killed when it reaches a certain temperature.
5) Linga Mudra also helps reduce weight.
Any precautions to be taken while performing Linga mudra for cough and cold?
Linga mudra should be done in moderation and with particular care. It should be done three times a day for 15 minutes. Also it is extremely important to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and consume cooling foods, such as yogurt, rice, bananas, and citrus fruits. If the Linga Mudra is done too long, a feeling of sluggishness and lethargy may occur. If this happens, you should shorten the length of this exercise and consume more cooling foods and drinks.
In order to stimulate your immune system and increase body temperature, you can practice the following exercise before doing the Linga Mudra. It is appropriately called “Throwing the Illness Behind You.” Then do the Linga Mudra while sitting or lying down until you feel very hot. Read more – Hand Mudras – Healing power in your hands.. Also this post will help you to understand do and don’t for doing mudra– Guidelines for doing mudras effectively.
Throwing the Illness Behind You Posture:
This posture is explained in three steps below
1) Stand up
2) Legs should be slightly spread.
3) Bend the knees to some extend
4) Hands should be in front of the chest.
1) Throw your arms behind you.
2) Turn your head to the right and then look over your shoulder.
1) Return your hands to your chest
2) Turn your head to the front.
Repeat at least ten times.
Linga Mudra should not be performed in fever, since it increases heat in the body.
Read Other Informational Post about healing with hand mudras
Mudras are hand gesture which influences the energy in the body. In East, Mudras have been in use for thousands of years. Mudras have balancing effect on five elements. It is said that mudras can balance the elements within 45 minutes. So generally it is advisable to do mudra for 45 minutes in a day.
Over to you
Have you ever tried Linga Mudra. If so share your experience with the community in the comment below.
Read Other Interesting Posts on Mudras:
|Source : wellbeingmantras.com|