Reduce your appetite is very easy! Find out what foods, herbs
Eating habits are the basic factor on which the slim figure of a healthy person depends. What are food habits? This is what a person eats, how often he eats, and also how much food is saturated. It is important to take into account psychological attachment. For example, if a person is drawn to sweets in a stressful situation, this will most likely provoke the appearance of extra kilos over time.
The “lever” of eating behavior control is appetite. A moderate appetite is an indicator of health. And an unbridled appetite often pushes a person to breakdowns, which entail painful reproaches of conscience for being eaten in excess of the norm.
If you do not understand the psychological causes of overeating thoroughly, then a series of diets followed by the return of kilograms will last a lifetime. So, if you are tormented by uncontrollable bouts of hunger, and after eating you often feel heavy in the stomach and fatigue – you should clearly define the reasons that make you overeat.
Unconscious habit comes from childhood
Paradoxically, adults often instill bad habits in children by caring for them. For example, when parents force a child to eat strictly according to the schedule and eat by all means the entire portion – “to grow up healthy”. Thus, the child loses a sense of control over the natural appetite. The result of such over-care is a person with excess weight and related problems.
Food compensates for lack of attention and love.
This reason may be a continuation of the first. After all, if a teenager is prone to corpulence, he, as a rule, acquires complexes. Even if one succeeds in overcoming those extra pounds with age, then coping with self-doubt, fear of public speaking, anxiety when dealing with strangers is much more difficult. Completeness provokes isolation and desire to protect from the outside world. So, lack of attention, communication, the impossibility of self-realization – all this is replaced by food, which briefly blocks all other needs.
Acts as a sedative
If the transferred nervous tension makes you want to eat a chocolate bar – this is a sure signal that your eating habits lead to weight gain. Food should not be an antidepressant, and short-term pleasure is not worth it, then to painfully deal with its consequences. If you want to reduce your appetite, start by understanding that food will not solve your problems, but if you treat it incorrectly, it can aggravate them.
Food in a hurry
The process of food intake requires concentration and responsibility. That is, when starting a meal, you must understand how much and what you need. Snacking on the go, when you do not have time to eat fully and eat more of what you need – a direct road to extra pounds. In addition, “piecemeal” threatens with violations in the gastrointestinal tract.
How to reduce appetite and become healthier
It is scientifically proven that it takes 21 days to form a habit. If you have firmly decided to part with excess weight, then for a start you will have to get rid of bad habits, but get useful. When you manage to temper the appetite and adjust the diet – your stomach will get used to a smaller amount of food, from which you start to lose weight. In addition, the body will experience less stress, which will preserve health and prolong youth. Give yourself the installation for the 21st day to observe food discipline, and the result will not only please you, but also give you confidence in your abilities.
There are several approaches to reducing appetite. You can choose the most optimal for yourself, or alternate them. The most important thing – do not go hungry and listen carefully to your well-being. If you feel weak, have nausea, dizziness, pain in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, disturbances in the work of the cardiovascular system – immediately consult a doctor.
Appetite Reduction Products
- Water. Drink 250-300 ml of pure water without gas at room temperature immediately after waking up. This stimulates the metabolic processes and creates a feeling of fullness in the stomach, so that you eat less. In addition, water cleanses the body, so drink it before and between meals. Water should be drunk 20-30 minutes before a meal, and less than 1-1.5 hours after.
- Green tea. Green tea contains antioxidants that affect leptin, a hormone that reduces appetite and stimulates the burning of calories.
- Kefir. Drink 150-200 ml of kefir (1.5 – 2.5% fat) 15 minutes before meals, and you suppress acute hunger, which will allow you to get enough of a much smaller amount of food.
- Chocolate. In small quantities chocolate is not harmful at all. But make a choice in favor of dark chocolate without additives. So, if you strongly want to eat, slowly eat 20-25 grams of chocolate. You can drink chocolate with green tea, which will bring additional benefits. Thus, during the meal you will eat much less than you would have eaten, sitting down at the table with an appetite.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables. Fresh fruits and vegetables contain fiber, which fills the stomach, displacing hunger. In addition, fiber cleans the intestines well. It is recommended to choose: all citrus fruits, pineapples, cherries, grapes, figs, bananas, apples (can be baked). For example, an apple eaten 15 minutes before the main meal will significantly reduce the amount of food consumed. Among the vegetables, choose tomatoes, cucumbers, green peas, carrots, bell peppers. Be careful with cabbage and radish – these vegetables can cause gas formation.
- Eggs Contain proteins that allow you to feel full for a long time. Eat for breakfast 2 boiled chicken eggs, or scrambled eggs (2 eggs + 150 ml of milk with 2.5% fat) – this will allow you to use fewer calories during the day.
- Seaweed. This seafood reduces the feeling of hunger and also allows you to feel long-term satiety due to the specifics of digestion. Algae are transformed into a gel, thereby imitating the effect of solid products, which slows down the process of emptying the intestines.
It is important to remember that eating herbal teas should be no less than 30 minutes before meals.
- Burdock root. From the burdock root, you can make a decoction that will significantly reduce hunger. Take a teapot or other thick glass container, add 2 teaspoons of chopped burdock root there, pour 200 ml of boiling water over them. Capacity 15 min. hold in a water bath. Cool and drink 1 tablespoon every 2 hours.
- Nettle. Drinking tea from dried nettle leaves allows not only to reduce the appetite, but also due to the diuretic and mild laxative effect, to get rid of the accumulation of fluid, toxins in the body. In addition, nettle has a sedative effect, which is very important if you are prone to nervous snacks. To prepare, take 1 tablespoon of dried nettle, pour 200 ml of boiling water and let it brew for 10 minutes. Drink nettle decoction, like tea or take it in 2 tablespoons before each meal.
- Infusion of corn stigmas. 20-25 g of corn stigmas pour 250 ml of water and boil for about 20 minutes. Cool, strain it and take 1 tablespoon three times a day. This will help get rid of the obsessive desire to have an unplanned snack.
- Parsley. Parsley dulls hunger and speeds up the metabolism. Add fresh parsley to food (for example, to fresh vegetable salads) or drink broth. To prepare 1 tablespoon of dried parsley, pour 200 ml boiling water and boil for 15 minutes, then strain. Take 2 tablespoons before meals.
- Celery. Celery also speeds up the metabolism and significantly reduces appetite. Add it in food and eat broth: chop fresh celery, 2 tablespoons of the plant, pour 400 ml of boiling water and let cool. Take 100 ml each time before meals.
- Wheat bran. 200 g of bran pour 1 liter of boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. Strain, let cool. Take 100 ml of infusion three times a day.
- Flax-seed. A decoction of flax seeds gently cleanses the body, while reducing appetite. To prepare 1 tablespoon of flaxseed, pour 200 ml of boiling water and cook for about 30 minutes. over low heat. Take 100 ml before each meal. To improve digestion, as well as gastritis and heartburn, use flaxseed oil – it envelops the stomach walls and reduces appetite. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to cereal and fresh vegetable salads.
- Garlic and red pepper. Those who are not allergic to red pepper and garlic, they will significantly reduce appetite. Garlic contains acillin – a substance that stimulates the brain center responsible for saturation, thereby reducing the feeling of hunger. Capsaicin in red pepper is a substance that makes pepper hot and reduces appetite. In addition, the consumption of red pepper speeds up metabolism. Add garlic or pepper to salads, and the amount of food you consume will be much smaller.
- Ginger. Ginger root drinks are a huge success. Ginger stimulates metabolic processes, speeds up metabolism, improves digestion, regulates the levels of the hormone cortisol and insulin. You can make a ginger drink and drink it hot or cold. To prepare, take 5 cm of ginger root, 4 spoons of white (can be green) tea, half of one lemon and 3 sprigs of fresh mint. Chop the ginger, peel the lemon peel, chop the lemon flesh finely. Mix the zest and ginger, add the sliced lemon and mint, pour 500 ml of cold water and simmer for 10-15 minutes on low heat. Let sit for 10 minutes, then strain. Brew tea in a separate container: pour 500 ml of boiling water over the brew, leave for no more than 3 minutes. Then strain and mix with ginger-lemon decoction. Drink 30-40 ml of the drink between meals,
You can prepare herbal infusions and teas by combining various components. For example, nettle, burdock root
Almost all herbs that are used to reduce appetite, have a diuretic property, so it is extremely important to use them correctly, so as not to provoke dehydration.
- Siberian Buzulnik. A decoction of Siberian buzulnik can reduce craving for food and speed up the metabolism.
- Fucus blistered. Contains “omega” -fats that stimulate metabolism. Bubbly fucus is characterized in that it is able to restore the balance of minerals, vitamins and polysaturated fatty acids.
- Milk thistle. Gently cleanses the liver and frees the body from toxins, providing a laxative effect. Consume milk thistle in a dry form, 1 teaspoon three times a day with 50-70 ml of water.
- Althaea. Due to the ability to regenerate the tissues of the stomach and intestines, the marshmallows are useful for people suffering from ulcers. Effect – reduction of inflammatory processes and craving for food.
- Root medicinal angelica. Relieves pain in the digestive organs with heartburn, indigestion, exacerbations of chronic diseases. Removes toxins, suppresses appetite. The root of medicinal angelica is actively used in food poisoning.
Remember that the use of drugs that suppress appetite during pregnancy and breastfeeding is strictly prohibited.
These recommendations will be useful both for waiting babies and non-pregnant women:
- Try to eat regularly.
- Eat more often, but in smaller portions – so that the feeling of hunger does not have time to get worse.
- Eat more fresh fruit.
- Try to bypass the shops where you risk being seduced by fresh pastries, chocolate, etc.
- Prepare yourself useful desserts yourself. For example, based on natural curd.
- If you are not allergic, eat walnuts and peanuts without salt and seasoning, but not more than 100 grams per day.
- Allow yourself sometimes desired, but stretch the pleasure, eat as slowly as possible.
- Take care of the aesthetics of space and table setting. It is also important that the room in which you cook and eat is well lit and ventilated.
- More on the air, walk.
How to reduce your appetite in the evening
If you are familiar with such a problem as aggravation of the feeling of hunger in the evening, then use these recommendations:
- Eat right. Be sure to have breakfast (morning meal should be the most dense) and have lunch. For dinner, it is better to eat something protein: 250 g boiled chicken fillet and two cucumbers, 200 g of shrimp and 200 g of baked vegetables (for example, zucchini + tomatoes), 250 g of cottage cheese (5-9% fat) and 1 grapefruit.
- If, after dinner, you still pull to the fridge – drink green tea with lemon.
- Switch to some occupation: make a manicure, sort through the files on your computer, read a book.
- Take a walk in the fresh air.
- Make yourself a “royal” bath: use aromatic oils, salts, foam, herbs. This, moreover, will relieve tension after a hard day.
- Try to meditate.
- Do 30 sit-ups and 30 reps for the press.
- Arrange the fitting of things that I would like to get into: it is an excellent appetite and motivates to continue the struggle for harmony.